Thursday, October 11, 2007

Prison Break violence

I was watching another episode of my current favorite show, Prison Break, an undeniably violent show. I was trying to take note of each violent part and even after watching two seasons, the amount of violence surprised me.

It involved a Panama prison, where one convict was shot by the guards while trying to escape, the main character hand fought another convict. The other guy died. A riot broke out over a lack of water, which involved rock throwing, pulling out knives, and drowning a man. A high-ranking woman threatens a man not only by pulling out a gun but also holding his son hostage. I could actually go on.

Now, I don’t think any of this really affected me, other than I had to look away at times, but I guess I can’t really know how I’m affected deep down.

No comments: